Thursday, January 31, 2013

coming up for air

I'm floating to the top of my to-do list. For once it isn't completely obvious what I should do next, which means I'm not putting out fires. I can choose what's next!

Taking two months off from product writing to focus on poetry writing/editing/submitting has been better than I expected. My concerns about falling into an unstructured abyss were assuaged when, two weekends ago, I planned my long term goals. Five years, specifically. Then laid out one year. In between I discovered my personal values. Great exercise, very helpful. Freelance artists should know their values because then priorities are grounded in something bigger than yourself. Or  grounded in the well-thought-out version of yourself, rather than on a whim or what's left on your Hulu queue. 

I want to write more here, but it hasn't been a priority. I see my blog as a way to give back, to share my knowledge and experiences with others. To interact. Dialogue. I'm not reading other blogs right now, so it feels phony. I am reading and re-reading a couple beautiful chap/books though. And I have so many other ways I'm giving back so those things take precedence. 

Next thing on my list: submissions. My own. With two poem-a-days in April and November, plus random writing in between, I now have 99 poems just sitting in folders. They might not have enough ready yet, but that might also be an excuse. Either way, off I go. Be well, dear readers.


4 comments:

Danny said...

Good luck to you. Writing will be better while practicing regularly and you will see the result. You can capture and attract the readers through your writing. It will be easier publishing your content with self-publications.

Danny said...

To your time, you can check out the PLR ebooks, which is a very good opportunity for an individual. You can resell it to others as no copyright issue will be sued. You can easily make money from it.

Elizabeth said...

Every couple fantasizes about their ideal connection. Every connection you have, whether with your spouse or a loved one at home or with coworkers, needs ongoing effort. There are excellent and terrible periods in any relationship, and this may occasionally lead to scorn, rage, and unpleasant sentiments against one another. Counselor for relationships

Elizabeth said...

You don't need to solve a Rubik's cube right now. All you have to do now is narrow down the firms based on their track records and the experiences of the companies that have worked with them. Consider the company's packaging materials and whether or not it offers thermal labels, freezer labels, and other similar items, depending on your needs. Polyester film manufacturer